- 12 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- white rum, gin, tequila or vodka (whatever floats your boat)
- ice cubes (or frozen watermelon chunks)
- mixture of ½ sugar and ½ salt to rim the glasses (optional)
- slices of lime for garnish
How to Make Melon Baller
- 1In a blender, working in batches, puree the watermelon, lime juice and mint until smooth. Transfer the mixture to a large pitcher. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2Ready to serve: Moisten rim of glasses with a wedge of lime and turn upside down in shallow dish of sugar/salt mixture.
- 3Add ice cubes to glass and 1½ oz. liquor of your choice. Fill with watermelon juice mixture from refrigerator.