Jeni Takes Manhattan
Adapted from A Spicy Perspective
2 cvermouth (sweet or dry)
1 tspground allspice
·bourbon (i used pendleton)
1orange, half cut into thin slices, half cut into wedges
How to Make Jeni Takes Manhattan
- Pour vermouth into a small pan and heat to just below boil. Remove from heat and add allspice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cayenne and salt. Cover and let sit at least 2 hours.
- Strain spiced vermouth through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a container.
- To make an individual drink, place in a shaker:
2 oz bourbon
1 oz spiced vermouth
1-2 dashes bitters
juice of 1 wedge of the orange
- Shake well and pour into a martini glass. Top with a splash of lemon-lime soda. Float a thinly sliced orange on top.
- Toast to the holiday season!