Jeni Takes Manhattan
Adapted from A Spicy Perspective
- 2 c
- vermouth (sweet or dry)
- 1 tsp
- ground allspice
- cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves
- sea salt
- bourbon (i used pendleton)
- angostura bitters
- orange, half cut into thin slices, half cut into wedges
- lemon-lime soda
How to Make Jeni Takes Manhattan
- 1Pour vermouth into a small pan and heat to just below boil. Remove from heat and add allspice, cinnamon sticks, cloves, cayenne and salt. Cover and let sit at least 2 hours.
- 2Strain spiced vermouth through a mesh strainer or cheesecloth into a container.
- 3To make an individual drink, place in a shaker:
2 oz bourbon
1 oz spiced vermouth
1-2 dashes bitters
juice of 1 wedge of the orange
- 4Shake well and pour into a martini glass. Top with a splash of lemon-lime soda. Float a thinly sliced orange on top.
- 5Toast to the holiday season!