So, sorry to whomever I should apologize to for stealing your name. We chose the name because there was a butterfly flitting by.
- 4 cups watermelon chunks
- 6 oz. gin, divided
- 8 tbsp. lime juice, divided
- 1½ cups ginger ale, divided
- lime wedges, for garnish (optional)
- crushed ice
How to Make Butterfly Kiss
- 1Puree the watermelon chunks in blender. Set a fine-mesh strainer over a bowl and strain the watermelon juice, pressing gently on the solids to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the pulp.
- 2Divide the juice among 4 ice-filled glasses.
- 3Top each with 1 ½ ounces gin, 2 tablespoons lime juice and ⅓ cup ginger ale and stir.
- 4Garnish with watermelon and lime wedges, if desired.
Non-alcoholic version: Omit the gin.