Watermelon Mint Lemonade
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This wonderful recipe was brought to our attention after it won another contest... and boy, can we see why! A perfectly refreshing sip for a perfect summer afternoon. The Test Kitchen
How to Make Watermelon Mint Lemonade
- 1Make the lemon mint simple syrup.Combine water sugar mint leaves and one of the halfs of lemons in a small sauce pan. Bring up to a boil and then simmer 3-5 min or until all the sugar is dissolved. Set aside for about an hour to cool.After cooled strain mint leaves out
- 2I like my watermelon juice pulp free. I use a seedless watermelon , cut in cubes. Puree in a food processor or blender . Pour through a fine sieve using the back of a large spoon to push on the pulp. Discard pulp and repeat process until you have about 4 cups of watermelon juice.
- 3Juice lemons ..its takes about 3-4 large lemons.
- 4Mix Watermelon juice , lemon juice, and simple syrup mixture in a pitcher.Drop 5-6 large mint leaves in the pitcher for extra mint flavor . Mix well.Serve over a glass full of ice. Add a shot of vodka in each glass if desired. Garnish with a mint leaf.
- 5Store leftovers in refrigerator . The mixture will separate but just remix it. Keeps well for several days.