Sittin' in the Shade - Watermelon Lemonade
·8 cups cubed seedless watermelon (this is about ½ an 8 – 9 lb. watermelon)
·2 (12 ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
·4 cans water
·1 cup fresh mint leaves
·vodka, as much or as little as you like
How to Make Sittin' in the Shade - Watermelon Lemonade
- Place lemonade concentrate and mint leaves in large pitcher and stir/smoosh with wooden spoon until mint is bruised and releases its oils. Stir in 4 juice cans water.
- Place watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth.
- Pour watermelon into a wire strainer over a bowl or pitcher. Press/stir with a wooden spoon to encourage the juice to drain, keeping the remaining pulp in the strainer. Discard pulp.
- Stir watermelon juice into lemonade mixture. Add vodka, if using and pour over ice.
- OR – pour vodka over ice in individual serving glasses and fill with watermelon-lemonade. Garnish with additional mint leaves or watermelon chunks and lemon wedges, if desired.