Sittin' in the Shade - Watermelon Lemonade
- 8 cups cubed seedless watermelon (this is about ½ an 8 – 9 lb. watermelon)
- 2 (12 ounce) cans frozen lemonade concentrate
- 4 cans water
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- vodka, as much or as little as you like
How to Make Sittin' in the Shade - Watermelon Lemonade
- 1Place lemonade concentrate and mint leaves in large pitcher and stir/smoosh with wooden spoon until mint is bruised and releases its oils. Stir in 4 juice cans water.
- 2Place watermelon chunks in a blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth.
- 3Pour watermelon into a wire strainer over a bowl or pitcher. Press/stir with a wooden spoon to encourage the juice to drain, keeping the remaining pulp in the strainer. Discard pulp.
- 4Stir watermelon juice into lemonade mixture. Add vodka, if using and pour over ice.
- 5OR – pour vodka over ice in individual serving glasses and fill with watermelon-lemonade. Garnish with additional mint leaves or watermelon chunks and lemon wedges, if desired.