Prickly Pear Margarita
- 3 oz
- tequila blanco
- 1/2 oz
- 1 1/2 oz
- lime juice
- 2 oz
- prickly pear cactus syrup
- coarse salt or coarse sugar, for glass rim
- kumquat, for garnish
- curled lime peel, for garnish
How to Make Prickly Pear Margarita
- 1Combine the tequila, Cointreau, lime juice and pear syrup in a cocktail shaker. Shake vigorously to mix well.
- 2Wet the rim of a margarita glass and dip into salt or sugar (or use a salt/sugar mix).
- 3Pour margarita into glass over ice. Garnish with a kumquat and a curled piece of lime peel, and serve.