Orange Blossom Fizz
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ice cubes
- 2 oz. good-quality gin
- 2 tbsp. fresh orange juice
- ½ teaspoon nielsen-massey orange blossom water*
- 1 tbsp. vanilla simple syrup
- sanding sugar for rim of glass
- orange wedge for garnish
- club soda
- drinking straw (optional)
FOR THE VANILLA SIMPLE SYRUP (MAKES 1½ CUPS)
FOR THE COCKTAIL
How to Make Orange Blossom Fizz
- 1Begin with vanilla simple syrup (make ahead of time).
- 2Bring water to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add sugar and stir until it fully dissolves into the water. Remove pan from heat and set aside to cool - stir in vanilla extract as syrup cools.
- 3Once at room temperature, pour syrup into a 1 pint bottle or jar, seal tightly, and refrigerate until ready to use (unused syrup will last up to 2 months if refrigerated).
- 4Run an orange wedge around rim of a highball glass (this helps sanding sugar stick to it).
- 5Pour sanding sugar into a small shallow bowl; place glass rim-down in the sugar and twist until sugar clings to rim.
- 6Fill a cocktail shaker with ice - add gin, orange juice, orange blossom water and simple syrup; cover and shake vigorously; strain into an ice-filled highball glass and top with club soda.
- 7Garnish with an orange wedge and serve immediately in tall glass with sipping straw.