Martha's Classic Eggnog
Dec. 14th, 2014 --- We made this for our cookie exchange and they loved it!
Recipe is from Martha Stewart.
- 6 large
- eggs, separated
- 3/4 c
- superfine sugar
- 2 c
- whole milk
- 3 c
- heavy cream, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 c
- bourbon, preferably maker's mark
- 1/4 c
- dark rum, preferably mount gay
- 1/4 c
- cognac, preferably remi martin grand cru
- freshly grated nutmeg, for sprinkling
How to Make Martha's Classic Eggnog
- 3Just before serving, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold whites into the eggnog mixture. Whisk remaining 1 cup cream until stiff peaks form, and fold into eggnog. (Alternatively, you can fold half the whipped cream into eggnog, and top with remaining half.) Sprinkle with nutmeg. --- We did this 1/2 and 1/2 along with topping of the fresh nutmeg.