Light Dragoon’s Punch (South Carolina)
More about the history of this punch here - britishfoodinamerica.com/....VzSZWOR
- 4 quarts of black tea
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 quart, plus 1 cup lemon juice
- 1 quart dark rum (jamaican)
- 4 quarts california brandy (any non-gourmet brandy)
- ½ pint peach (or apricot) brandy
- club soda, for individual servings
How to Make Light Dragoon’s Punch (South Carolina)
- 1Make the black tea/lemon juice mixture, stirring in sugar when hot. Add the alcohol. Set aside or bottle for later use.
- 2In a punch bowl place blocks of ice and garnishes of lemon and orange peels. Pour in equal parts of the tea-brandy-rum mixture with club soda into cocktail glass or punch cup.