Keeping your lemons and limes….
Irisa Raina 9
When I go to the farmers market, or fruit stands I always buy bags of lemons and limes.
Living in southern Louisiana it gets very hot, and no matter how hard I tried some of them ended up spoiling " even in the refrigerator. "
These can be use any way you like, and the frozen wedges of lemons and limes can be used as ice cubes.
This is a wee bit messy, but once your done....you'll have all the lemons and limes at your finger tips, that you'll need.
You can also do the same thing with oranges and grapefruits.
- fresh lemons
- fresh limes
- snack baggies
How to Make Keeping your lemons and limes….
- 1Here is the trick I came up with:
- 2After washing them I first zest them putting about 1 or 2 tablespoons of each in a snack baggie
- 3Second, I get out my hand juicer and juice them again putting the juice from one lemon or lime in a zip lock snack baggie.
- 4Third I cut each lemon and lime in quarters and place them in baggies.
- 5Then I put all of these in the freezer.