Goombay Iced Tea
Vicki Butts (lazyme)
- ice, cracked
- 4 c
- orange juice (freshly squeezed is best)
- 4 c
- unsweetened brewed tea, chilled
- 3 Tbsp
- honey (or more) depending on the sweetness of the orange juice
- 1 c
- golden coconut rum
- orange sliced, for garnish, optional
How to Make Goombay Iced Tea
- 1Fill a 2 1/2-quart or larger container with cracked ice. Pour in half the orange juice, then half the tea. Add the honey and all the rum. Finish with the remaining orange juice and tea, adding one, then the other. Stir to blend.
- 2Pour into chilled glasses filled with ice. Garnish with an orange slice, if desired.
MAKES 8 TO 10 SERVINGS
- 3This tea can also be made into a frozen drink in your blender.
Add ice to fill, 1 cup brewed tea. 1 cup orange juice. 1 tablespoon honey. and 1/4 cup (or more) coconut rum. Blend, pulsing if needed, to a slushy state, a couple of minutes depending on the power of your blender. Makes 3 or 4 servings.