Some of the Many Health Benefits of Ginger Root:
1) Aids in Digestion - Perhaps the best herb for digestion, ginger root prevents indigestion and abdominal cramping. Ginger also helps break down proteins, aiding the digestion process.
2) Alleviates High Blood Pressure - Ginger improves and stimulates circulation and relaxes the muscles surrounding blood vessels, facilitating the flow of blood throughout the body.
3) Treats Nausea and Morning Sickness - Ginger has been widely shown to prevent as well as treat motion sickness. Ginger root relaxes the stomach and relieves the feeling of nausea.
4) Lowers LDL Cholesterol - Ginger root extract can help reduce the levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol in the body, reducing the risk of developing heart disease.
Other Health Benefits of Ginger Root:
Research shows that ginger root may help treat ulcers.
Ginger also possesses anti-inflammatory properties that could help with arthritis.
Ginger root has been used to fight off and alleviate the symptoms of colds and flu, as it contains immunity-boosting abilities.
- 4-inch-long piece fresh ginger, thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 bottle
- 750 ml vodka (about 3 cups)
How to Make Ginger-Infused Vodka
- 1Place ginger slices in a clean 1-quart jar. Using a wooden spoon, lightly crush ginger slices against the side of the jar. Add vodka.
- 2Cover jar tightly with a nonmetallic lid (or cover jar with plastic wrap and tightly seal with a metal lid). Let stand in the freezer for 4 days.
- 3Pour vodka through a fine mesh sieve to remove all solids. Return infused vodka to jar. Or to give as a gift, pour infused vodka into a decorative jar. Label and seal. Place jar in the freezer up to 3 months to store.