☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- margarita salt or coarse sea salt, for rimming glasses
- lime wedge, for rimming glasses
- 1/2 c
- frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1 1/2 c
- orange juice
- 3/4 c
- tequila (6 ounces)
- 2 Tbsp
- cointreau or triple sec (1 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp
- lime juice
- 3 c
- crushed ice
- 1/4 c
- 4 slice
- orange, for garnish
- maraschino cherries, for garnish
How to Make Frozen Sunrise Margaritas
- 1Spread a layer of salt in a shallow dish. Run lime wedge around the rims of 4 highball glasses to moisten; dip rims in salt.
- 2Place orange juice concentrate, orange juice, tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice in a blender. Add ice and pulse until smooth. Divide margarita evenly among glasses.
- 3Tilt glasses and pour 1 tablespoon grenadine down the side of each drink; grenadine will sink to the bottom and create a sunset effect. Garnish with orange slices and maraschino cherries and serve.
- 4Bartender's Note:
The straight sides of highball glasses are ideal for achieving the sunrise effect. Traditional margarita glasses won't work if you want this look.