Fresh lemonade syrup
3 cfresh lemon juice (12-13 lemons depending on size, this is just an estiate)
2 Tbspfine lemon zest
EXTRAS YOU MAY WANT TO ADD TO YOUR SYRUP TO MAKE DIFFERENT DRINKS
·water- classic lemonade
·sparkling water- sparkling lemonade
·fresh lavender or lavender essence - lavender lemonade
·frozen strawberries, sugared- strawberry lemonade
·unsweetened ice tea- arnold palmer
·lemon shnapps or any other liquor you like- granita with a kick!
How to Make Fresh lemonade syrup
- Juice and zest lemons to get required amounts of both. some times heating the lemon in the microwave for a few seconds will help get the juices flowing.
- In a heavy bottomed sauce pan boil water and remove from heat, immediately add sugar and lemon zest and stir till the sugar has completely melted and dissolved into the water.
- Mix in lemon juice and stir until completely incorporated.
- transfer to a lidded container and refrigerate till cool.
- once cool mix equal parts lemon syrup with water for classic lemonade.
- Sparkling lemonade- mix equal parts lemon syrup with sparkling water.
- Lavender lemonade- add 1/2 cup fresh lavender to water before boiling the water (if you do not want the lavender floating around in the syrup you can tie it in cheese cloth or put a fill your own tea bag) or add lavender essence to classic lemonade.
- Strawberry lemonade- add 1/8 cup thawed sugared frozen strawberries to classic lemonade. (you can make your own sugared strawberries too just make sure they have alot of time to sit and get the juices flowing for a nice syrup)
- Arnold palmer- mix lemon syrup with equal parts unsweetened ice tea
- Granita- in a blender, blend 1 part syrup with 1 1/2-2 parts ice. blend till smooth and slushy. For the adults add one shot of your favorite liquor per serving (more or less to your taste)