Desert Heat (South Dakota)
- 1 lengthwise slice of jalapeño (holding the stem, stand the jalapeño on its tip. then, slice off the pepper’s flesh, leaving the seeds and ribs intact.)
- 1 thick slice of cucumber, quartered into chunks
- 1 oz. fresh lime juice plus 1 slice – for garnish
- 1oz. agave nectar
- ½ oz. cointreau or triplesec
- 1½ oz. tequila
How to Make Desert Heat (South Dakota)
- 1Add the slice of jalapeño and chunks of cucumber to a shaker glass. Muddle until the jalapeño is thoroughly mashed, and the cucumber chunks have released their juices.
- 2Add the remaining ingredients to the glass. Add ice, top the shaker, and shake like your life depends on it.
- 3Prepare the cocktail glass: Rub a slice of lime around the rim of a cocktail glass, and dip the rim into a plate of half salt and half sugar.
- 4Add fresh ice to the glass. Strain the tequila mixture into the glass, and garnish with the slice of lime and a slice of jalapeño. Serve.