How to Make Cranberry Shrub
- Bring all ingredients to a simmer with 2 cups of water in a small soucepan over medium heat, stirring often. Reduce heat to low and cook 5 minutes until most cranberries have burst.
- Strain mixture, pressing liquid out of pulp using the back of a spoon. Discard pulp. Chill at least 1 hour. Store for up to 3 months.
- Ways to use Shrub:
1. Pour over ice and top with club soda.
2.Mix with sparkling wine.
3.Muddle with an orange slice and ice. Add bourbon and top with club soda.
4. Fill a tall glass with ice, layer in a splash of shrub, then add equal parts orange juice and tequila.
5. Shake with ice and equal parts shrub, gin, and sweet vermouth. Strain into a glass.
- I think it would also be good to use in a dressing with some olive oil or vegetable oil for a spinach salad. Or use also in a hot dressing for a wilted spinach salad.