How to Make Cinnoman Spice Liqueur
- In glass bottle or jar, steep cinnamon stick, minced ginger, cloves and nutmeg in the vodka and brandy for about 2 weeks in a cool dark place. Gently shake the bottle every day
- Gently our jars contents through a strainer or sieve, pressing hard on the solids to release all of their flavor
- Follow this by 2 strainings through slightly dampened cheesecloth. For true clarity and professional looking results, pour the strained mixture through a large clean coffee filter placed inside a funnel or clean coffee cone. Loosely cover the contents with plastic wrap, since the process may take several hours.
- In small pan, mix sugar an water. Bring to a boil over medium high heat and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
- Funnel the strained spice mixture into a glass bottle, then funnel in the sugar syrup. Cork tightly. Shake to blend. Let mature at room temperature or slightly cooler for at least 1 week. This zesty liqueur is great mixed into whipped cream for topping gingerbread, or add a nip to a mug of steaming tea.