Cinco de Mayo Watermelon Margarita
Borrowed the picture from the Internet.
- 1 tbsp. kosher salt
- 1 oz. ounce fresh lime juice, plus 1 lime wedge for glass
- 1½ cups cubed seeded watermelon, plus 1 small wedge for serving
- 2 sprigs mint
- 2 oz. tequila (can also use vodka)
- ¾ oz. simple syrup
How to Make Cinco de Mayo Watermelon Margarita
- 1Place salt on a small plate. Rub rim of a margarita coupe with lime wedge; dip in salt. Set aside.
- 2Muddle watermelon cubes and mint in a cocktail shaker until watermelon breaks up into small pieces and releases its juice. Add tequila, simple syrup, and lime juice.
- 3Fill shaker with ice, cover, and shake vigorously until outside of shaker is frosty, about 30 seconds.
- 4Strain into prepared glass and garnish with watermelon wedge.