Ciao Bella Limoncello
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
You can add it to chicken dishes, ice tea for a grown up taste or of course just for sipping over ice.
I actually give some away in decorative bottles as gifts at Christmas time. Takes a little time to make, but so worth it. Enjoy!
How to Make Ciao Bella Limoncello
- 1Using a potato peeler or sharp knife remove lemon rind. Try not to cut into the pith it will make you mixture bitter.
- 2Combine vodka and lemon rind in a non reactive bowl (glass), cover and let stand at room temp. for 2 weeks.
- 3Strain through a sieve into a bowl.
- 4In a saucepan combine water and sugar cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and cool to room temp.
- 5Add vodka mixture. Divide limoncello among sterilized bottle, and seal. Store in the refrigerator up to 1 year.