How to Make Cherry Liqueur
- 1You can make your own simple syrup using equal amounts of sugar & water. Bring water up to a boil and add the sugar. Once sugar is dissolved then let cool before using. Lots less expensive to make your own simple syrup. For a heavier simple syrup, just use two times more sugar than water. I prefer equal amounts.
- 2In a Quart jar, add Cherries that have been cut in half & pitted.
Add Vodka & Water to cover cherries. Macerate. Keep tightly covered 2 to 3 weeks at room temperature, shaking daily.
- 3Filter though cheesecloth, & then through a coffee filter. Add Simple Syrup & if desired the Lemon Extract.
- 4Next add (TOP WITH) Water to bring the total volume up to 25.4 oz. The liqueur is good at this point; it will be smoother if it is aged for a few more weeks or more. It can be sipped or used in mixed drinks.
- 5Note: If you can't find fresh cherries, then maybe there are frozen berries that can be used. Or better, just wait until you can find some fresh cherries to make this. Just wondering how substituting equal amounts of some other fruit would work. Like peaches.