your going to love it too!
2 ea.teabags (regular size)
1 cBoiling water
1 can(s)orange juice, frozen concentrate (small can)
1 can(s)lemon juice concentrate (small can)
1/2 cBourbon (I use Crown Royal, but any will do)
3 3/4 cwater, cold
How to Make Bourbon Slush
- Pour 1 cup of boiling water over the teabags and let sit until the tea is a dark color.
- Pour warm tea over the 1/2 cup sugar and mix well.
- Add the orange juice and lemonade to this and stir good.
- Add the bourbon and remaining 3 3/4 cups of water.
- Note:Taste this mixture, if not strong enough to suit your taste add a little more bourbon. I would not add more than a 1/4 cup more bourbon. Mix this well and pour into a plastic pitcher with top and put in freezer. Freeze over night.
- When ready to serve , remove from freezer and spoon about 1/2 glass full of slush into glass and then fill remaining half of the glass with 7-up or Sprite.
- I always double this recipe (If doubled it fits well into a gallon pitcher for freezing. You will probably have to freeze it for a day longer if doubling into the gallon size).
I made 3 double recipes at Christmas for 50 people and I had just enough left over for News Years Eve. You can freeze any leftovers for about a month. I ususally just put the left over in a gallon plastic bag and freeze it.
- Info: I use Crown Royal and 7-up because thats what I like the best. But I have used Seagrams before and somefolks liked it better. Sprite is good too but it's a little sweet for me so I prefer the 7-up. It's up to you.