Bella's Sherry "Nog"
the original called for 6 cups of sugar and two dozen egg yolks and far more alchohol. The sugar can be adjusted to your personal preference, but I do not reccommend using less than 3/4 of a cup. per two quarts.
- 2 qt
- Half and Half (fat free wont work!)
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 c
- Amontillado or Oloroso Sherry NOT cooking sherry
- egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp
- fresh grated nutmeg
How to Make Bella's Sherry "Nog"
- 1In Deep pot pour in the half and half and sugar.Heat the liquid just until a thin ring of bubbles forms around the edge of the pan.
- 2Whisk egg yolks with 1/2 cup of the hot cream mix tempering them before adding to the main pot. Dont worry if they curdle though the idea is that they dont ...DO NOT let the mixture boil. Stir frequently with wooden spoon until mixture just coats the spoon and seperates nicely when you run your finger down the spoon.
If by chance the eggs do curdle, you can strain through a fine sieve to remove the bits, or leave as is for a "chewy" drink.
- 3Stir in room temp. Sherry and serve immediately in heat proof mugs with a dash of fresh nutmeg on each.