- ripe coconuts
- 2 c
- coconut water (from the coconuts)
- 1 c
- sweetened condensed milk
- 1 c
- rum (or rum and brandy)
- ground cinnamon, garnish
- freshly grated nugmeg, garnish
- 3 Tbsp
- sugar, optional
How to Make Bahamian Sky Juice
- 1Using a screwdriver (or awl) and a hammer, poke through the eyes of the coconuts, and drain out the liquid through a strainer into a mixing bowl. There should be a total of about 2 cups. Set the shells aside.
- 2Add the evaporated milk, rum, sugar if using, cinnamon and nutmeg to the coconut water. Stir to dissolve the sugar.
- 3Refrigerate the mixture until cold, at least 2 hours, or cool mixture down with ice.
- 4To serve, carefully pour the mixture through a funnel into the reserved coconut shells. Insert straws.