Apple Pie Cordial
I made a few batches around the holidays. I put it in pretty bottles and gave it as hostess gifts. Everyone loves it.
How to Make Apple Pie Cordial
- Place apples and cinnamon in a large glass container that has a tight fitting lid.
- Add vodka to apples and cinnamon.
- Make the simple syrup. I combine the water and sugar in a 2 cup pyrex measuring cup and microwave it until the sugar is disolved.
- Let the simple syrup cool and then add to vodka.
- Shake well.
- Let mixture sit for approximately 4 days. Shake the mixture twice daily.
- Remove the apples and cinnamon sticks.
- The cordial needs to be strained to remove all the residue. Coffee maker filters work well. Strain through coffee filters until the cordial is nice and clear.
- NOTE: Be sure to dampen coffee filters first. Place them in a strainer and pour liquid through the filter a little at a time. This is a time consuming process. You may have to strain it 3-4 times. I've actually opened up the filters and lined a small collender with them and then poured the liquid through.
- You can store the cordial in an empty vodka bottle or put it in little bottles to give as gifts. Keep in frig.