Yummy Bread Pudding
- beaten eggs
- 2 1/4 c
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 4 cups
- dry french bread cubes or regular bread cubes (6 to 7 slices bread) i use sour dough french bread
- 1/2 c
- raisins (i've also used dried cranberries) but it's also good without as well!
How to Make Yummy Bread Pudding
- 1In a large bowl beat together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. In an ungreased 2-quart square baking dish toss together bread cubes (fruit if added); pour egg mixture evenly over bread mixture pressing lightly with back of a large spoon. This is necessary so the top gets soaked with the wet mixture.
- 2Bake, uncovered, in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until puffed and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool slightly. If desired, serve warm with whipped cream or your favorite sauce.
- 3To dry bread cubes, place them in a large, shallow baking pan and bake in a 350 degree oven about 10 minutes, stirring twice.