Yummiest Bread Pudding-Ever!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
12-14 slicestale white bread -remove crusts-cut up into squares
1 1/2 csugar
1 box8oz. trader joes whipping cream
2 1/2 cmilk
2 tspreal vanilla
1 ctrader joes orange flavored dried cranberries
1 largetrader joes cream cheese (or any brand)
4 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make Yummiest Bread Pudding-Ever!
- Cut the crust off of the bread. If the bread is not quite stale; put the cubes into the 9x13 sprayed pan and place in oven while it is pre-heating to 350 degrees. This will dry it out a bit.
- Sprinkle with the orange flavored cranberries. ( if you have another flavor or choose another dried fruit...be my guest) Also, if you have only regular dried cranberries-you can use about 2 Tbsp. of grated orange rind. We just love the Trader Joes orange ones.
- While oven is heating, put eggs, whipping cream, milk, sugar, cinnamon, & vanilla in large mixing bowl and mix on med/high until well blended.
- Remove the bread cubes from the oven & add the berries and cubed cream cheese by tossing by hand.
- Pour the liquid mixture on top of the bread. Using a fork, tap all bread gently to cover it with liquid.
- Place pan in oven and bake approx. 40 minutes or until the mixture is set. (40 minutes did it with my elecric oven)
- Remove from oven & either serve hot with vanilla ice cream for dessert; or let it cool a bit and serve as is for breakfast- the cream cheese cubes seem to be quite hot-so be careful about eating it too soon.