Mary Ann Davis
1 boxorange cake mix
1 can(s)crushed pineapple, large
1 can(s)mandarin orange slices, drained, large
1/3 cvegetable oil
1 smallcontainer of cool whip, thawed
1orange, zest of
1 boxinstant vanilla pudding mix, small
7-8 ozcoconut flakes, toasted or not
How to Make Tropical Trifle
- Thoroughly drain pineapple. Leave juice in large mixing bowl, reserve pineapple.
- To juice, add cake mix, eggs, and oil. Mix thoroughly for 2 minutes. Pour into 9" x 13" pan; bake at 350 degrees for 32 minutes. Cool thoroughly.
- Add pudding mix, milk, and orange zest to reserved pineapple. Mix for 2 minutes. Fold in Cool Whip.
- Cut cake into 1/2 - 3/4 inch cubes.
- To assemble trifle, in a trifle bowl or clear glass bowl, scatter 1/3 of the cake pieces, then 1/3 of pudding mixture, 1/3 of oranges, and 1/3 of coconut. Repeat for a total of three layers.
- Chill well before serving, preferably overnight. May add an extra dollop of Cool Whip for presentation when serving.