3 largeeggs, separated
1 1/2 cmascarpone cheese
1 Tbsptriple sec or cognac
1 cstrong coffee
3 ozbaking chocolate, semi-sweet, grated
1 ozalmonds, chopped and toasted
How to Make Tiramisu`
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- Cut the ladyfingers in half and spread on a baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 5 minutes per side. Cool.
- With an electric mixer, beat together egg yolks and sugar at high speed until thick. Add mascarpone cheese and Triple Sec and beat by hand until smooth.
- Beat egg white until stiff and fold into mascarpone mixture.
- Dip ladyfingers bottoms into the coffee, cut side down, so they soak up some of the liquid but not enough so that they become mushy. Do not soak too long.
- Place the coffee-soaked ladyfingers, cut side up, in a 2-quart bowl. Cover with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- Sprinkle half of the chocolate and half the almonds over the mascarpone.
- Dip the top half of the ladyfingers into the coffee with the cut side down. Let them soak up some of the liquid, but they should remain firm.
- Place the coffee-soaked ladyfingers, cut side up, on top of the mascarpone-covered ladyfingers. Cover with the remaining mascarpone mixture, chocolate and almonds.
- Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.