How to Make Tiramisu`
- 1Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- 2Cut the ladyfingers in half and spread on a baking sheet. Brown in the oven for 5 minutes per side. Cool.
- 3With an electric mixer, beat together egg yolks and sugar at high speed until thick. Add mascarpone cheese and Triple Sec and beat by hand until smooth.
- 4Beat egg white until stiff and fold into mascarpone mixture.
- 5Dip ladyfingers bottoms into the coffee, cut side down, so they soak up some of the liquid but not enough so that they become mushy. Do not soak too long.
- 6Place the coffee-soaked ladyfingers, cut side up, in a 2-quart bowl. Cover with half of the mascarpone mixture.
- 7Sprinkle half of the chocolate and half the almonds over the mascarpone.
- 8Dip the top half of the ladyfingers into the coffee with the cut side down. Let them soak up some of the liquid, but they should remain firm.
- 9Place the coffee-soaked ladyfingers, cut side up, on top of the mascarpone-covered ladyfingers. Cover with the remaining mascarpone mixture, chocolate and almonds.
- 10Cover bowl and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, or overnight, before serving.