How to Make "Theft By Deception"
- 1In a large bowl, crush strawberries then stir in gel. Add sugar to mixture to taste. I add about 1/4cup usually, but you don't want it to sweet. Set aside.
- 2Bake cake as directed on box.
- 3While cake is baking, make pudding as directed. Fold into cool whip. Cover and place in fridge
- 4When cake is done and still very hot, poke holes in the top with the handle of wooden spoon. Pour strawberry mixture onto top of cake, spread evenly. Let cool completely.
- 5Spread cool whip/pudding mixture evenly over cake. Garnish if desired. Chill till ready to serve.