The Very Best Vanilla Creme Brulle
1 chalf and half
1 1/2 cheavy cream
2 Tbspvanilla extract (real vanilla, don't use imitation)
8 largeegg yolks
2/3 ccane sugar
4 Tbspsuperfine or bakers sugar
How to Make The Very Best Vanilla Creme Brulle
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In small saucepan, combine half and half and vanilla. Heat until just scalded. DO NOT allow to come close to boiling. Allow to cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks, whole egg, and cane sugar. Beat until well mixed. Gradually stir in the cooled scalded half and half.
- Add heavy cream and vanilla. Divide among ramekins or other small oven safe dessert baking cups.
- Place in large baking pan or roaster and carefully, so as not to splash into the cups, fill pan with enough water to reach half way up the cups. Cover pan with foil or lid and bake.
- Here is the Key Step: Bake only until custard is barely set. It should still quiver in the middle like it is partially liquid. dividing mix into 6 servings, I check it at 35 minutes and at 10 minute intervals after that. Don't let it get away from you as when it is baked to perfection, it will be silk on your tongue as well as delicious to the taste. Refrigerate until cool.
- Preheat broiler or use kitchen torch. Sprinkle superfine sugar over tops of creme brule and place under broiler until caramelized but not burned. Refrigerate until cold and enjoy.