Tea Pudding/ Pudim de chá
- 2 c
- very strong and fragrant tea. green tea works
- 1 c
- heavy cream,
- 1 c
- 4 large
- whole eggs
- 8 large
- egg yolks
- whipped cream, optional
How to Make Tea Pudding/ Pudim de chá
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- 2Combine the tea and cream. In a separate bowl beat together sugar, eggs, and egg yolks lightly just to blend. Stir in the tea mixture, then strain all through a fine sieve.
- 3Pour into 8 well-buttered 4- to 5-ounce ramekins, set in a large shallow baking pan with about 1 inch of hot water, bake uncovered for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted halfway between the edge and the center pf a pudding comes out clean.
- 4Remove the puddings from the oven and from the hot water bath, cool for half hour, then cover each ramekin with plastic wrap and chill several hours before serving.
serve with whipped cream (optional)