Susie's Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce
I used to make this for my sister when she needed comforting --she loved it so much. She was just diagnosed with cancer so I named this after her.
How to Make Susie's Bread Pudding with Lemon Sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or butter a 13"by 9" pan.
- 2Beat 6 eggs with 2 and 3/4 c. sugar, milk,vanilla, and salt.
- 3Place bread cubes in prepared pan and pour liquid mixture over. Let soak for 20-30 minutes.
- 4Place pan into larger pan and fill with hot water for water bath; this will keep pudding from drying out.
- 5Bake for 1 hour, or till knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- 6While pudding is in oven, prepare lemon sauce. In small saucepan over med. high heat, melt butter.
- 7Beat the 2 remaining eggs.
- 8Add remaining sugar, beaten eggs, water, lemon juice and zest to butter and stir till bubbling. Remove from heat.
- 9After carefully removing pudding from oven, pour lemon sauce over and let stand till sauce is set. Best served warm.