Strawberry Pie Cake Surprise
4 ozstrawberry extract
1/2 pkgstrawberry cake mix (18oz pkg)
1 csour cream
2 Tbsppowdered sugar
1 cpowdered sugar
1 pkgvanilla instant pudding & pie filling mix (3.4oz pkg)
1container (16oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
8 ozcream cheese, room temperature
How to Make Strawberry Pie Cake Surprise
- Preheat overn to 350 degrees. Spray torte pan with nonstick cooking spray. Place an 8-in circle of parchment or wax paper over center of pan.
- Combine cake mix, sour cream, egg, and 1 tbsp strawberry extract; whisk 1 minute. Pour batter into pan; spread evenly and bake 10-12 minutes or until center is firm.
- Remove pan from oven and let stand 3 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack and cool 10 minutes. For glaze, combine 2 tbsp strawberry extract and 2 tbsp powdered sugar in microwavable bowl. Whisk together and microwave on high 15-20 seconds or until sugar is dissolved. Transfer cake to serving platter and brush with glaze.
- For filling, combine pudding mix, mile, 1/4 cup strawberry extract, and 1 finely diced strawberry; whisk briskly until smotth. Fold in 1/2 container of whipped topping, set aside. (If color seems weird, add a few drops of red food coloring to turn a tad pink.)
- For topping, whisk cream cheese, 1 finely diced strawberry, and 1/4 cup strawberry extract until smooth. (Tip...whisk cream cheese until creamy before adding other ingredients to prevent clumping.) Slowly add 1 cup powdered sugar; whisk until smooth. Add remaining whipped topping all at once; fold until combined. (Mixture will appear curdled but will smooth out when spread.)
- Spread filling into well of cake (Yes it will seem like too much filling, just keep spreading.) Spread topping over filling. Slice strawberries in half and arrange over top.