Strawberry-Lemon Curd Trifle
I love trifles, and this is a really good one. I'll take and post a photograph when I can use both hands/arms (Broke wrist, Ulna, Radius and bones on top of hand - Ouch!)
1pound cake; can also use a sponge or butter cake -homemade or store-bought.
1-1/2 cstrawberry sauce (recipe listed with my other recipes- or can use store bought)
1/2 lbfresh stawberries, sliced
1-1/2 clemon curd (recipe listed with my other recipes -or you can use store bought)
1-1.2 ccold, heavy whipping cream
2-3 Tbspwhite granulated sugar
1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
4-5shortbread or amaretti cookies
How to Make Strawberry-Lemon Curd Trifle
- Have ready the pound cake, the strawberry sauce, sliced strawberries, lemon curd, and whipping cream.
- To make the whipping cream: In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble: In the bottom of your trifle bowl place slices (about 1/3 inch thick) of the pound cake. Fill in any gaps with extra pieces of the cake. Pour half of the strawberry sauce over the pound cake. Top the strawberry sauce with half of the sliced strawberries.
- Next pour half of the lemon curd over the strawberries. Top with half of the whipped cream. Repeat the layers -ending with the whipped cream -top with fresh strawberries.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, to allow the flavors to mingle. Just before serving sprinkle the top of the trifle with the crushed Amaretti or shortbread cookies, if desired.
- Note: This trifle can also be made into individual servings. Simply follow the recipe for the large trifle only instead of using a large trifle bowl, use small glasses (about 1 cup) Makes about 10 individual trifles.