Strawberry Breadfruit Pudding
★★★★★ 1 vote5
2 Tbspvanilla extract
·xylitol to taste
1/2 Tbspsea salt
2-2 1/2 cflax milk
1 smallcarton strawberries (hulled)
·allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg (optional)
How to Make Strawberry Breadfruit Pudding
- Cook the breadfruit. You will find my recipe for this in my files.
- Once it's cooked, using oven mits, break apart the outer shell and peel it down to the light coloured flesh.
- Cut out the pinish center and discard.
- Cut the cooked breadfruit into pieces and process in your food processor, or if you have a Vita Mix blender use that, otherwise stick with the food processor. The pudding will have a consistency like farina pudding using the food processor. If you use the Vita-Mix it will be much creamier, but I don't advise anyone attempt this with a conventional blender unless you do it in very small batches.
- Add in some sweetener and taste, if you need more add more. Add the other ingredients except the strawberries. You can add your spices at this point if you choose to use them.
- Once you are happy with the consistency and taste of the pudding cut up the strawberries in small pieces and stir them in.
- Put in a container in the fridge and serve cold.