★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 cheavy cream
2 Tbspspiced rum
How to Make Spiced Rum Caramel Croissant Pudding
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a cast iron pan or baking dish, tear the stale croissants into bite-sized pieces
- Caramelize the sugar and water mixture by allowing to come to a boil without stirring, until it all turns an amber over medium/high. Be patient! Typically takes 3-5 minutes
- Once it’s rich in colour, remove from the heat and whisk in the cream. This will cause quite a fuss in the pan, but that’s okay
- Whisk in the milk and rum; Any solid toffee that forms in the pan will dissolve easily if you keep whisking over low heat.
- Take off the heat and, still whisking, add the beaten eggs. Stir the custard mixture well.
- Pour the mixture over the croissants and let it sit and soak up for a few minutes
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm