Spiced Pumpkin Cream Parfaits
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 16 fluid ounces heavy whipping cream, cold
- 2 ½ tablespoons super-fine sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin pie filling
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon super-fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dark rum
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup reserved chantilly cream
- chantilly whipped cream
- spiced pumpkin cream
- 20 graham cracker sheets, finely processed in food processor
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons apple sauce
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, plus for sprinkling as garnish
- pinch salt
CHANTILLY WHIPPED CREAM
SPICED PUMPKIN CREAM
PREP FOR CUPS
How to Make Spiced Pumpkin Cream Parfaits
- 1Chantilly Whipped Cream Add the cold whipping cream to the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, and begin whipping the cream on medium-high speed; once the cream begins to thicken slightly, sprinkle in the sugar, and then add in the vanilla extract, and finish whipping until stiff peaks form; next, take about 1 heaping cup’s worth of the whipped cream, place it into a small bowl and cover with plastic, and set aside in the fridge for a moment to keep cold (you will fold this reserved cream into the Spiced Pumpkin Cream in a moment); take the remainder of the whipped cream, and spoon it into a piping bag or a large ziplock bag (cut the corner off the ziplock bag when you’re ready to pipe the cream into the glassed),and place into the fridge to keep cold until ready to use.
- 2Spiced Pumpkin Cream -In a large bowl, add the room temperature mascarpone cheese, and with a spatula, gently stir it to smooth and fluff a little bit; next, add in the 1 cup of pumpkin pie filling, and gently fold/blend that into the mascarpone cheese; next, add in the super-fine and the brown sugars, the rum and the pumpkin pie spice, and blend those in well; finally, fold in the 1 cup of reserved Chantilly Cream, blending it in gently, but well; spoon the Spiced Pumpkin Cream into a piping bag or large ziplock bag (cut the corner off of the ziplock bag when you’re ready to pipe the cream into the glasses),and place into the fridge to keep cold until ready to use.
- 3Begin by preparing your Chantilly Whipped Cream (recipe below),and place into the fridge to keep cold.
-Next, prepare your Spiced Pumpkin Cream (recipe below),and place into the fridge to keep cold.
-Place the finely processed graham crackers into a medium-sized bowl, and add in the honey, apple sauce, cinnamon and pinch of salt; using your fingers, combine the ingredients together until they become moist and form a graham cracker “crumble”; cover with plastic to keep from drying out, and set aside until ready to assemble the parfaits.
-To assemble the parfaits, place your glasses in front of you, in a row; add about 4 tablespoons worth of the graham cracker “crumble” into the bottom of each glass; next, pipe in about 4 tablespoons worth of the Spiced Pumpkin Cream over the crumble, and then, pipe in about 3-4 tablespoons worth of the Chantilly Whipped Cream over that; repeat the layering process once again by adding a layer of the graham “crumble”, then the Spiced Pumpkin Cream, and finally, a generously piped dollop of the Chantilly Whipped Cream in the center of the top of the parfait; finish by sprinkling a touch of cinnamon over top, and chill in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.