Rum Sauce for Bread Pudding by Jo Ann Carimi
Jo Ann Carimi
★★★★★ 1 vote5
3 ozappleton's special jamaican rum
How to Make Rum Sauce for Bread Pudding by Jo Ann Carimi
- Put room temperature butter into a mixing bowl and add sugar. Start beating on slow speed and gradually increase speed until mixture is completely blended together.
- Bring water to a rolling boil in a double boiler and place mixture into boiler. Stir mixture very often. Sugar and butter will attempt to separate so keep stirring and it will eventually homogenize. This step will take quite a few minutes.
- After sugar and butter is homogenized, whisk the eggs thoroughly in a separate bowl. Then whisk the rum thoroughly in with whisked eggs.
- Turn the heat off under the boiler to reduce the temperature in sugar and butter mixture. If temperature is too hot eggs will curdle. After about 3 - 5 minutes quickly whisk egg and rum mixture into butter and sugar mixture. Continue to whisk for approximately 30 seconds. This sauce is divine! Serve 2 tablespoons of this sauce over 2/3 cup of "Bread Pudding by Jo Ann Carimi". ENJOY!
- This recipe can be doubled or multiplied to accomodate as many servings as you require. It refrigerates well for about a week and it freezes very well for several months. You can make it ahead of time and store it in smaller containers instead of having to make it every time you make the bread pudding.