- 1 c
- raspberry jam
- 85 g
- unsalted butter, softened
- thick slices white bread, crust removed
- large eggs
- 400 ml
- pure cream
- 400 ml
- 1/3 c
- caster sugar, plus extra to dust
- 1 tsp
- vanilla bean paste or 1 vanilla bean, split lengthways, seeds scraped.
How to Make Roly Poly Bread & Butter Pudding
- 1Grease a deep 8 cup capacity baking dish.
Spread half of the jam over base of the dish.
- 2Spread butter over one side of each bread slice.
spread remaining jam over other side of bread slices. Roll up each slice, jam side inwards. Cut each roll in half widthways, to make eight rolls.
Place in a single layer in the base of the prepared dish. Cut sides up.
- 3In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, milk. Strain into a jug. Add sugar and vanilla paste or seeds, and stir to combine. Slowly pour half the egg mixture over the bread rolls. Stand until the bread soaks up the egg mixture. Pour over the remaining egg mixture. Stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to low ...say about 190F (160C. to 140C. fan forced oven)
Dust pudding with a little extra caster sugar and bake for 1 hour & 15 minutes, until custard is just set and golden. Stand for 5 minutes, then serve.