I am experimenting with this recipe using chia, coconut milk, and stevia, for a healthier version. However, the taste can't be beaten!
How to Make Rice Pudding
- Mix rice, water, milk, butter, and salt in medium size pan.
- Cook with lid. Boil, stirring constantly to keep the bottom from sticking. Turn down heat to simmer, continue to stir the bottom until the temp lowers to a simmer. Simmer for 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to ensure the bottom doesn't burn. The mixture will thicken and become creamy.
- Beat eggs and sugar (hand or mixer) till smooth.
- Stir into rice slowly. Add vanilla and stir slowly. The mixture should be very creamy.
- OPTIONS: You can add raisins, craisins, different flavored extracts, flavored vinegar, nuts, Be creative.