Refrigerator Jello Cake
Tess (TJM) Moore
1 boxsmall size jello - lime
1 boxlemon cake mix
1 boxinstant lemon pudding - 4 serving size
1 1/2 cmilk
1 ccool whip or whipped cream
How to Make Refrigerator Jello Cake
- Dissolve jello in 3/4 cup boiling water. Add 1/2 cup of cold water, set aside at room temperature.
- Mix the cake as directed on box and pour into 13x9x2 pan. Bake cake as directed on box.
- Cool cake for 20-25 minutes. Poke deep holes through top of warm cake (still in the pan) with dinner fork, spacing holes about 1 inch apart. With a cup slowly pour jello mixture into holes... do this alittle at a time so jello doesn't all run to the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate the cake while preparing the next step.
- Blend milk and pudding... then fold in cool whip. When pudding has stiffed up some, immediately frost the cake. This cake must be stored in the refrigerator and served chilled. Frosted cake could be frozen for storage, if you want to make this ahead of time....then brought back to refrigerator to thaw out and serve..
- I have done the cake & poured the jello on top and not added the pudding/frosting. Instead served the cake with ice cream.... another variation...
- Again you can do any combo or cake - jello- pudding that you want.... this lemon lime combo is just a suggestion to get you started.... I have done orange cake - orange jello and served with ice cream.