Raspberry Liqueur Chocolate Mousse
Update: Made this last night with Amaretto. OMG! It was so delicious! You got to try it!
1 pkgknox unflavored gelatin (about 2 tsp.)
2 Tbspcold water
1/4 cboiling water
4 Tbspcocoa powder (i used ghirardelli)
1-1/2 cheavy cream, very cold
1/2 c(chilled) raspberry liqueur (i used chambord)
How to Make Raspberry Liqueur Chocolate Mousse
- Place mixing bowl and beaters in freezer for 15-20 minutes to chill.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; stir with a fork and let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved. Set aside to cool.
- Sift cocoa through a fine mesh sieve to get the lumps out. In a large mixing bowl stir together sugar and cocoa; add heavy cream. Beat at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually pour in liqueur, vanilla, and gelatin mixture, beating at high speed until well-blended and soft peaks form. Let stand 5 minutes to thicken.
- Spoon into serving dishes, top with fresh raspberries (if you wish) and place in refrigerator to chill about an hour or so.