Rainbow Cherry Jigglers
This is another recipe that was given to me. The picture is not one of mine, but it is how they look.
- 1 c
- orange or pineapple juice (orange-banana is yummy)
- 1 1/4 pkg
- knox gelatin (1/4 envelope equals about 1/2 teaspoon of gelatin powder)
- 2 c
- white cranberry juice, white grape juice, or 7-up (i like 7-up best)
- 2 1/2 pkg
- knox gelatin (1/2 envelope equals about 1 teaspoon of gelatin powder)
- cake sprinkles
- any small cake or cupcake topper/decoration. wilton makes a wide variety.
FOR DECORATION - OPTIONAL
How to Make Rainbow Cherry Jigglers
- 1Prepare half-sphere flexible silicon molds, can use square too, by lightly spraying with unflavored pam, or by wiping the cavities with a paper towel dipped in vegetable oil.
Wipe the cavities with a clean paper towel. This will leave a thin layer of Pam/oil and will help un-mold the gelatin without affecting the taste.
Place each mold on a cookie sheet or cooling rack to provide a stable surface for handling.
Prepare 30 maraschino cherries, with stems, by cutting a thin slice off the bottom so they will stand up on the gelatin without falling over. Place cut cherries on paper towel to drain.
- 2OPAQUE LAYER
Place juice in a saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved (approximately 5 minutes). Remove from heat.
Fill each mold cavity 1/3 full with gelatin mixture. Place molds in refrigerator until gelatin sets, 30 to 45 minutes.
Prepare clear layer.
- 3CLEAR LAYER
Place juice in saucepan and sprinkle with gelatin. Allow to soak for a minute or two. Heat over very low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved (approximately 5 minutes).
Remove from heat and set aside to slightly cool (about 15 minutes).
When mixture has cooled, remove molds from refrigerator. Place a cherry, cut side down, in each cavity.
Fill the cavities to the top with reserved clear gelatin mixture.
Return molds to refrigerator, and chill for several hours (ideally overnight to avoid separation in the layers when unmolded).
- 4To serve, carefully pop the gelatin out of the molds and place on serving plate. Immediately before serving, dust with multicolor cake sprinkles or whatever you choose.
Makes 30 Cherry Jigglers