you can use a family size box pudding and the bigger can of pumpkin to feed a crowd, double the whipped cream too and for a sweeter taste use canned pumpkin pie mix instead of regular canned pumpkin
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 boxvanilla instant pudding
1 can(s)regular size can pumpkin
2 ccold milk for pudding
2 tsppumpkin pie spices
1 cheavy whipping cream (more for garnish if desired)
5 Tbspsugar (divided) 2 for pumpkin, 3 for whipping cream
2 Tbspbourbon;rum or orange liquer (optional)
How to Make Pumpkin Pudding
- set a large bowl in the refrigerator to chill for the beating of the whipping cream, the beaters too, if using a handheld model.
- open canned pumpkin and scoop into a medium size bowl, add pumpkin pie spice,and 2 TBSP sugar and liquer if desired;beat with mixer or handheld beaters just to get some air in the mixture set aside
- mix pudding as directed on box in a large bowl and place in refrigerator to chill.
- remove large bowl and utensils from refrigerator to beat the whipping cream, add in the 3 TBSP sugar and beat or whip whatever term you use(you can use cool whip if desired but i am not sure how much to use)beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form, be careful not too much or you get butter.
- remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in the whipping cream, then fold in the pumpkin mixture, it takes a large bowl to hold it all, if desired top with a bit of whipping cream as a garnish, cover bowl and place large bowl back into refrigerator to chill at least 4 hours more if able