you can use a family size box pudding and the bigger can of pumpkin to feed a crowd, double the whipped cream too and for a sweeter taste use canned pumpkin pie mix instead of regular canned pumpkin
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 1 box
- vanilla instant pudding
- 1 can(s)
- regular size can pumpkin
- 2 c
- cold milk for pudding
- 2 tsp
- pumpkin pie spices
- 1 c
- heavy whipping cream (more for garnish if desired)
- 5 Tbsp
- sugar (divided) 2 for pumpkin, 3 for whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp
- bourbon;rum or orange liquer (optional)
How to Make Pumpkin Pudding
- 1set a large bowl in the refrigerator to chill for the beating of the whipping cream, the beaters too, if using a handheld model.
- 2open canned pumpkin and scoop into a medium size bowl, add pumpkin pie spice,and 2 TBSP sugar and liquer if desired;beat with mixer or handheld beaters just to get some air in the mixture set aside
- 3mix pudding as directed on box in a large bowl and place in refrigerator to chill.
- 4remove large bowl and utensils from refrigerator to beat the whipping cream, add in the 3 TBSP sugar and beat or whip whatever term you use(you can use cool whip if desired but i am not sure how much to use)beat the whipping cream until soft peaks form, be careful not too much or you get butter.
- 5remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in the whipping cream, then fold in the pumpkin mixture, it takes a large bowl to hold it all, if desired top with a bit of whipping cream as a garnish, cover bowl and place large bowl back into refrigerator to chill at least 4 hours more if able