★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 6 slice
- cinnamon bread (or cinnamon with raisins)
- 3 large
- 2 c
- evaporated skim milk
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/2 -3/4 c
- sugar (depending on your taste)
- 1 tsp
- 1/2 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- raisins are optional
How to Make Pressure Cooker Bread Pudding
- 1I use a 5 cup stainless steel bowl. Be sure this bowl fits into your Pressure cooker.
- 2Butter the bowl. Cut up bread and put into bowl.
- 3Whisk eggs, skim milk, vanilla, salt, and sugar together for the custard. Pour custard over the bread and let sit for a few minutes so that the bread absorbs the custard. Dot with the butter. Sprinkle with 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Put trivet into the pressure cooker. Cover bowl with tightly fitting foil. Make a sling of foil to enable the bowl to be lowered and removed from the pressure cooker easily. Once the bowl is in the pressure cooker, add water to come up the bowl about 1/3 of the way (about 3 cups of water). *** Close cooker without pressure regulator. Cook on high heat until steam passes through steam vent. Then place pressure regulator in position. Reduce heat and cook for 15 minutes, ensuring a steady stream of steam from steam vent. Remove cooker from heat and cool under cool running water until the pressure if completely released.
- 4Open cooker and remove bowl being sure that all water is off the top of the foil. Let pudding cool and serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
- 5You can alter the bread and the liquid measurements depending on how you like the pudding. We prefer a more bready pudding.
- 6***These are instructions for the Hawkins Futura Pressure cooker. Please see the specific instructions for your specific Pressure cooker.
- 7Sometimes I just use regular skim milk if I don’t have evaporated in the house.