★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2/3 c
- half & half
- vanilla bean, sliced open lengthwise
- 1/3 c
- egg yolks
- 1/4 c
- 1 1/2 c
- white zinfandel wine or white grape juice
- whole cloves
- cinnamon stick
- 1 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- medium ripe pears, cut in half lengthwise, core removed
- fresh raspberries, if desired
CREME SAUCE INGREDIENTS:
How to Make Poached Pears With Creme Anglaise
- 1Cook half & half and vanilla bean in 1-quart saucepan over medium heat until mixture just comes to a boil (3 to 5 minutes). Remove from heat; remove vanilla bean.
- 2Meanwhile, stir together 1/3 cup sugar and egg yolks in small bowl with wire whisk until light and lemon-colored. Gradually whisk hot half & half into beaten egg yolk mixture; return mixture to saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 160°F. and is thick enough to coat back of metal spoon (2 to 3 minutes). Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- 3Combine 1/4 cup sugar, wine, cloves, cinnamon stick and lemon juice in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (3 to 4 minutes). Place flat-side of pear halves on cutting board; make 3 to 4 lengthwise cuts in each pear half, starting about 1/2 inch from stem and cutting to bottom. Place pears in wine mixture; spoon wine mixture over pears to prevent browning. Cook over medium heat until pears are fork tender (8 to 10 minutes).
- 4To serve, spoon about 3 tablespoons creme sauce onto each of 4 individual serving dishes; place pear halves in sauce. Garnish with raspberries, if desired.