Perfect Christmas Pudding
I have not tried this recipe yet, as I "adopted" it from the JAP site. I plan to try it closer to the holidays. Anyone that wants to can try it, if they like. Let me know your results.
2 csoft bread crumbs, lightly packed
3 Tbspquick cooking tapioca
1.5 call purpose flour
2.5 tspbaking powder
1 tspbaking soda
1/3 clight molasses
1 cwalnuts, toasted, chopped
How to Make Perfect Christmas Pudding
- With scissors, snip stems from figs.
- Then snip figs into small pieces.
- Heat them in milk in top of double boiler until figs are soft (about 20 minutes).
- Remove from heat, stir figs thoroughly until mashed.
- Add shortening, bread crumbs, sugar and tapioca.
- Sift and measure flour, and sift again with other dry ingredients.
- Add with molasses and chopped walnuts.
- Fold in stiffly whipped egg whites.
- Turn into generously buttered 2-quart mold, cover tightly and steam, covered, for 3 hours on a rack in hot water that must come half-way up side of mold.
- Or steam in individual molds.