"Peaches & Coconut Cream" Chai Rice Pudding
He was feeling a little under the weather today, so I made this to brighten his mood.
It worked, for him and the rest of the family too!
- 1 c
- 1 can(s)
- coconut cream
- 1 1/2 c
- whole milk
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1 pinch
- 2 Tbsp
- peaches or nectarines, diced
- 3/4 c
- coconut flakes
- 1 Tbsp
- chai teabag (i chose twinings apple spice chai)
- 1 c
- heavy cream or whole milk
How to Make "Peaches & Coconut Cream" Chai Rice Pudding
- 1Place all ingredients, save the last cup of heavy cream, in a heavy bottomed, lidded pot.
- 2Bring to a boil, stir well. Then reduce heat to a simmer.
- 3Leave lid covered for 20 minutes. Then remove tea bag. Taste test to assuredly know that the rice is cooked to your liking (I like al dente for rice pudding) and pour into a mixing bowl.
- 4Stir in the heavy cream. This may be served warm or chilled.
- 5Once poured in the chosen serving dish, optionally decorate with sultanas, orange zest, and nuts. Pistachios and cashews are a great choice. Slivered almonds and cinnamon too!