Payesh / Kheer / Rice Pudding
Tips: You can taste adding sugar little by little as it should not be too sweet. Also if you are using sweetend condensed milk then that would already have the sugar in that.
How to Make Payesh / Kheer / Rice Pudding
- Wash and Soak rice for half an hour
- Pressure cook rice with 1 cup of an equal mixture of milk and water. Once done, boil remaining milk and add the cooked rice in that and stir and mix for another 3-4 minutes.
- OR Step 2 can also be done as:
Boil milk and mix soaked rice in that. Keep stirring till the rice is properly cooked [please make sure rice is absolutely boiled and not half done]. It would take around half an hour.
- Add Condensed milk in the cooked rice and mix properly and the add sugar. [DO not add condensed milk or Sugar before the rice is cooked]
- Stop cooking immediately after the sugar is added.
- Now just garnish with coarsely ground cardamom [for flavour] and cashew and raisins. You can use other dry fruits too per your taste.
- You are ready with Payesh / Kheer / Rice Pudding. Serve once in room temperature.