This past week end husband and I took a week end trip into the hills of PA, while there I picked up a cook book called First Ladies Cook Book A very good book.Any way while discussing this in one of the groups I was asked to post this dish
I have never heard of or tasted Ozark pudding,but it is interesting to learn new recipes even old ones
So here you go Donna hope you enjoy it.Let me know if you try it.
I made this dish and will again, just not to often. I used ice cream instead of whipped cream I think that had more flavor that way.
- egg whole
- 3/4 c
- 1 Tbsp
- 1 tsp
- baking powder
- 1/8 tsp
- 5 small
- raw apples peeled cored and diced
- 1 tsp
- vanilla extract
- 1/2 c
- chopped walnuts to garnish
- 1 pt
- heavy cream
How to Make Ozark pudding
- 1beat egg and sugar a long time until very smooth and light.
- 2mix flour,baking powder,and salt
- 3Stir in the sugar and egg mixture,add apples,nuts,and vanilla.
- 4Bake in a buttered covered dish in a 350f oven for 35 mins or until apples are nearly tender
- 5Now remove cover to brown top
- 6serve pudding cold with whipped cream.Garnish with with chopped walnuts.